Even though it is beyond Easter for 2010, this might come in handy for someone sometime in the future. This FHE idea combines scriptures, songs and activity into one. I found and modified an idea I found online that I thought was cute (Sorry, can't remember original source).
Get up to 9 Easter eggs to hide before FHE. Words in bold are things to find while preparing each egg. In each egg is something to do with the true meaning of Easter, a song to sing and a scripture to read. Number 9 is probably a good one to end on. You can gather all the eggs and do them in order, or do them as found, or however you want. The songs included are either about Christ, Easter specific, or Springtime songs.
1. Matthew 26:26-28 a small piece of bread (stands for the sacrament bread) I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ, 77
2. Luke 22:44 a band-aid (to stand for blood) He Died! The Great Redeemer Died—hymns 192
3. Mark 15:15 a picture of a whip Popcorn Popping—Primary song 242 (Spring a good reminder that life begins anew) p.s. when looking for a picture of a whip, you might try searching cat of nine tails instead. When I searched for whip, I got mostly food items with whip cream!
4. John 19:17 a cross made of two toothpicks He Died That We Might Live Again—Primary song 65
5. John 20:25 Nails He Sent His Son—Primary song 34
6. Luke 24:2 Rock Wise Man and Foolish Man, 281 (Jesus is the Rock upon which we should build our foundation and a stone was rolled away from the sepulchre.)
7. Mark 15:17 small picture of a crown of thorns Primary song--Did Jesus Really Live again, 64
8. Mark 15:17 piece of purple cloth for robe On a Golden Springtime—Primary song 88
9. Luke 24:6 Empty Christ the Lord is Risen Today—hymns 200
Allow for discussion about the pictures and scriptures with each egg opening.
If you want more ideas of things to put in eggs, see Mrs. Mordecai's post and the link that mentions Times & Seasons.