Monday, January 18, 2010

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love Me

This lesson was adapted from the Behold Your Little Ones manual pages 20-23.
Song: I Feel My Savior's Love (Children's Songbook, 74-75)
Scripture: 3 Nephi 17:11-12, 21-24
Read the scripture and discuss the story it tells.  Talk to your children about all the people who love them, including Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
For an activity I showed the kids several pictures of things that Heavenly Father has blessed us with to show love for us.

The pictures I used came from the Behold Your Little Ones Manual or The Friend.
After letting them look at all the pictures I had them leave the room and then I hid the pictures.  They came back in and searched for the pictures until they found them all. After that they colored the pictures.  It was a simple activity but my toddler and even my preschooler really had fun looking for the pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to thank you for the great idea! We used this tonight and it was so successful the boys want to play again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Tere and I lovethis blog. We are recently starting with our Home family eves project, and I am so grateful for this site. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete