Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer
For this lesson, do not try to do or use everything listed. Pick and choose what will work for your family. All the ideas listed below will be able to reinforce the lesson topic.
1. John 3:16 (Click link to download song)
2. John 14:6 (Click link to download song)
3. God Loved Us So He Sent His Son #187 HS
4. I Lived in Heaven #4 PS
5. He Sent His Son #34 PS
6. The Third Article of Faith #123 PS
PS = Primary songbook FS = Traditional familiar children’s song HS = Hymns
Scripture Quotes & Stories
1. John 14:6 The only way to return to live with Heavenly Father is through Christ.
2. John 3:16 God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.
3. 1 Peter 2:21 Christ suffered for our sins.
4. Matthew 26:36-46 Jesus in the Garden
5. D&C 19:16-18 Jesus suffered so we don’t have to if we repent.
1. Abraham & Isaac Genesis 22
2. The Drawbridge Keeper (an allegory written by a Baptist man that helps us to visualize to some degree how much God loves us.)
1. Go to a forested area and kneel together in prayer as a family. Talk about what happened in the
. Garden of Gethsemane
2. Visit the temple visitors center, view statues, pictures and movies about Christ.
1. Get a large piece of poster board and draw out the Plan of Salvation, or use the sheet provided. (http://www.youpublish.com/files/26605/Plan-of-Salvation-Chart) Explain each step in the process.
a. Before we came to earth, there was a war in Heaven where two plans were presented. Lucifer wanted to have glory unto himself. He wanted to make everyone come back to heaven. Jesus gave glory to His Father. Because Jesus’ plan allowed for us to choose, we also needed a Savior. Jesus was willing to die that we might live again.
b. Those who chose to follow Satan were cast into outer darkness.
c. Those who chose to follow Christ were given the opportunity to pass through the veil of forgetfulness and come to earth to gain a body and be tested.
d. After death, spirits wait in
Paradise until they will be resurrected.
e. There are three kingdoms that God has prepared for us.
2. Go to www.mormon.org and watch videos and read scripts of what we believe regarding Christ and His role as Redeemer.
3. Visit http://jesuschrist.lds.org/ . This site is dedicated solely to what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes about our Savior.
1.Make a pure and simple treat, like Raspberry Pears.
1. Wash and cut pear in half.
2. Scoop out the seeds with a melon baller.
3. Add a teaspoon of raspberry jam to the hole created.
4. Make enough halves for each person to have at least one.
2. Make a pretty fruit salad.
Possible Discussion Questions
1. Why was Jesus’ plan better than Lucifer’s plan?
2. What are the qualifications for getting into the highest realms of the
? Celestial Kingdom
3. How do we know that God loves us?
4. Can any of the people on earth still go to Outer Darkness?
5. What happens in
6. What is a Savior?
7. Is there anything besides sins that Jesus paid a price for through the atonement?
8. What do we need to do to be able to be resurrected? Anything? Or is it a free gift?
9. Why do we need to repent of sins?
10. What if I didn’t know I was sinning?
11. What about young children?
1. See internet links on each section.
4. Go here for more song possibilities. (More songs on this topic may be added over time.)
5. Refer to www.completeleefamily.com for more information.
6. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions