Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reverence

*Updated with new links*
We had a visitor come on Monday to teach us about reverence.

This is our reverence child.

He likes to run and play, but when it is time for prayers, he kneels,

or sits down,
folds his arms,and closes his eyes.

He also is quiet and listens to the prayers.
When it is lesson time in nursery, he sits quietly with his arms folded and listens to the lesson.




My son loved this. He loved to help position him back and forth. We talked about all the different times that we need to be reverent (different prayers we say, during sacrament meeting, in nursery, etc.) and what we should do so that we are reverent.
Since this lesson we have asked him to show us how to be reverent during prayers, and although he is still pretty wiggly and it doesn't last very long, it has enforced what should be done. He has a better understanding of what it means to be reverent.

You can download a pattern for the reverence child at these links:
Legs
Eyes
Body
Arms, Head


Originally posted by Richelle.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just come across your blog and wanted to do this paticular FHE for my kids but wasn't able to download the file. Is there any other place I can find it! Thanks! I love all your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this idea for all my little ones. I wasn't able to download the Reverence child though. Is there somewhere else I can find it or could you email me a copy. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did anyone find another link to the reverence child? Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for updating the link!! :)

    ReplyDelete